A new way to get your medicines and appliances.
The Paperless Prescription Service (PPS) is a service which murrays pharmacy offer. It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines or appliances from.
What does this mean for you?
- If you collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP you will not have to visit your GP practice to pick up your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to the place you choose, saving you time;
- We may be able to dispense your repeat prescriptions more promptly in readiness for delivery to you.
Is this service right for you?
Yes, if you have a stable condition and you:
- don’t want to go to your GP practice every time to collect your repeat prescription; or
- collect your medicines from the same place most of the time or use a prescription collection service now.
It may not be if you:
- don’t get prescriptions very often; or
- pick up your medicines from different places.
Nominate Murrays for your electronic prescriptions….
- Faster processing of your prescriptions
- Improved Patient Satisfaction
- Reliable, secure and 100% confidential
- Award winning customer service
Why Nominate Murrays Pharmacy
- Over 95 Years healthcare pharmacy experience
Award winning services provided
Friendly expert pharmacy staff at hand
- Recognizable growing brand in pharmacy
- Safe, secure and reliable online prescription’s service
- Customers rated us average 98% / 100%
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to choose a place for your GP practice to electronically send your prescription to. This is called nomination.
- A pharmacy;
- A dispensing appliance contractor (if you use one);
- Your dispensing GP practice (if you are eligible).
Ask any pharmacy or dispensing appliance contractor that offers EPS, or your GP practice, to add your nomination for you. You don’t need a computer to do this.
Yes you can. If you don’t want your prescription to be sent electronically tell your GP. If you want to change or cancel your nomination speak to any pharmacist or dispensing appliance contractor that offers EPS, or your GP practice. Tell them before your next prescription is due or your prescription may be sent to the wrong place.
Yes. Your electronic prescription will be seen by the same people in GP practices, pharmacies and NHS prescription payment and fraud agencies that see your paper prescription now.
Sometimes dispensers may see that you have nominated another dispenser. For example, if you forget who you have nominated and ask them to check or, if you have nominated more than one dispenser.
For more information talk to a member of the pharmacy team, staff at your GP practice or visit www.hscic.gov.uk/epspatients.
Other Online Pharmacy Services
Award Winning Customer Service
Our experienced pharmacy team are available online or via the telephone providing our customers with professional pharmaceutical expertise and advice.
More than just a web site, our on-line pharmacy is just like any of our other branches, with the same high standards of customer service from our qualified dispensing staff and highly skilled pharmacists, you have the reassurance of dealing with a pharmacy business that has been in operation for over 90 years, and values the needs of our customers.