Flu Vaccinations: Flu is a highly infectious and very common viral illness that is spread by coughs and sneezes, and getting a flu jab is the single best way to protect yourself, your family and friends from flu.
You can catch flu (Influenza) all year round, but it is particularly prevalent during the winter months. Flu is not the same as a cold, it is caused by a different group of viruses and the symptoms of flu tend to be more severe and may last longer.
Until recently the only way to get a flu jab was through your local GP, Murrays Healthcare are now able to offer the flu jab, by one of our trained pharmacists. This service is available Free of Charge via the NHS for the following patient groups:-
- All people aged 65 and over
- Anyone suffering with a long-term condition such as Diabetes, Chronic Heart Disease, Asthma, COPD, Chronic Kidney Disease, Chronic Liver Disease, Chronic Neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s Disease or Motor Neurone Disease.
- Those that are immuno – compromised.
- Carers in receipt of a carer’s allowance.
- Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy.
We also offer a flu vaccination service to most members of the public not eligible for a free NHS vaccination.
Flu Vaccination Cost
- Contact Your Local Murrays Pharmacy
Most Murrays pharmacies are able to offer the seasonal flu vaccine, so click on the links below to find our pharmacy closest to you that is offering the flu vaccination service.
How can Murrays help you?….
Myths and Facts About The Flu
Award Winning Customer Service
Our experienced pharmacy team are available online or via the telephone providing our customers with professional pharmaceutical expertise and advice.
More than just a web site, our on-line pharmacy is just like any of our other branches, with the same high standards of customer service from our qualified dispensing staff and highly skilled pharmacists, you have the reassurance of dealing with a pharmacy business that has been in operation for over 90 years, and values the needs of our customers.